- First reported case on swaps mis-selling resolved in bank’s favour
- Original news
- Briefly, what was the background to this case?
- What were the legal issues that the judge had to decide in this case?
- Why did these issues arise?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward by the customer?
- What did the judge decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from the case?
Banking & Finance analysis: What can be learned from the decision in Thornbridge v Barclays Bank Plc? David Bowden, freelance independent consultant, outlines the case and talks to Lisa Lacob, a barrister at 3 Verulam Buildings, about the consequences of this case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial