- Financial advisers and professional negligence (Denning v Greenhalgh Financial Services)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- What were the parties’ main arguments?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- What practical points can be drawn from the judgment by professional negligence lawyers, financial advisers and pension scheme members respectively?
Financial Services analysis: Can a client expect a financial adviser to review, as a matter of course, previous advice by another adviser? Jonathan Hough QC, barrister at 4 New Square, considers the High Court judgment in Denning v Greenhalgh Financial Services.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial