- FCA guidance on reviewing Part VII insurance business transfers
- Original news
- What is the background to FCA’s consultation on proposed guidance on the insurance business transfer scheme?
- Who will the FCA guidance affect?
- How will the transfer guidance impact firms, especially those that diverge from the guidance?
- What should lawyers advise their clients in light of the guidance?
- Where does this fit with other developments with the FCA/within the insurance sector?
- Are there any particular issues/concerns for trustees or members of pension schemes or for buy-in/buy-out activity?
Financial Services analysis: The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) recently published a consultation on its proposed guidance concerning how it reviews insurance business transfers schemes under Part VII of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Nicholas Thompsell, partner at Fieldfisher, examines the background to the proposed guidance, its effect, and how it will impact firms.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial