- Fatal accident claims and services dependency (Rupasinghe v Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- What issues did this case raise? Why is it significant?
- What did the court decide?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Personal Injury analysis: When will heads of loss claimed in respect of a claimant’s loss of income and pension form part of a services dependency claim? Kim Harrison, principal lawyer in the personal injury serious injury group at Slater & Gordon, says the decision in Rupasinghe reiterates the principle that where the loss of a claimant’s income cannot be directly linked to their caring for dependants it is unlikely to be recoverable.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial