- Exploring trends in ICSID annulment proceedings (Suez, SGDD and Vivendi SA v Argentine Republic)
- Original news
- What was the background to the application for annulment?
- What were the grounds for annulment, and on what basis were those grounds advanced?
- What did the Committee decide?
- Why is the decision of interest?
- Are there any wider trends here?
Arbitration analysis: Liz Snodgrass, counsel in the international arbitration group at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, explains that the methodology applied by the ICSID ad hoc committee to Argentina’s application for annulment is well calculated to advance the considered development of legal principles in this area, which is particularly important given the decentralised and inevitably ad hoc nature of law and decision-making in the investment arbitration regime.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial