- Exploring the shipping voyage—dangerous cargo, damage and jurisdictional issues
- What safeguards are in place for ships carrying dangerous cargoes?
- What happens if the goods are contaminated/damaged while on board?
- How should businesses minimize environmental impacts and avoid liability from marine pollution and other ecological concerns?
- Are there any jurisdictional issues that commonly arise which lawyers should be aware of?
- Do you have a top tip for lawyers advising in this area?
Commercial Analysis: What steps can be taken by shipowners if their cargo is contaminated, dangerous or damaged? Simon Wolsey, partner at specialist shipping law firm MFB Solicitors in London, considers the issues that may arise if these eventualities play out and how lawyers can best advise shipowners to overcome these obstacles.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial