- Exploring the responsibility of business in tackling modern slavery
- Original News
- What are some examples of the modern slavery problem in the UK? Do you think new demands on companies bidding to secure public contracts will be successful?
- What is the current legal framework directed at combating modern slavery and what are its problems? What further regulation or legislation is needed in this area and are there any plans for this in place?
- What do you anticipate the role and impact of the new anti-slavery commissioner to be?
- What can business do to combat modern slavery?
- What more can the government do to combat modern slavery?
Risk & Compliance analysis: Bruce Caldow, partner at Harper Macleod, comments on the push to render businesses looking to secure public sector contracts more cooperative in the struggle against modern slavery.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial