- Exploring the MAC’s Tier 2 proposals (Part 1)
- Original news
- What are the key proposals contained in the report?
- Is the government likely to accept the proposals? Is there likely to be any opposition?
- What are the main challenges that businesses may face?
- How does all this fit in with other developments in this area and what does all this mean for lawyers and their clients—both individuals and companies?
- Any further points of interest or observations?
Immigration analysis: Nichola Carter, principal solicitor at Carter Thomas Solicitors, warns that although the government has often been persuaded by the voice of big business within the immigration debate, on this occasion, supported by the data provided by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), they might have decided to draw the battle lines. This is the first of two analysis pieces we have commissioned from leading immigration experts on the MAC report.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial