- Exploring the jurisdiction of employment tribunals (Michalak v General Medical Council and others)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What did the Supreme Court decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- How does the decision fit in with other developments in this area of law?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area?
Local Government analysis: Are judicial review proceedings in the nature of an appeal? That was one of the questions the Supreme Court had to determine in Michalak v General Medical Council in order to ascertain whether an employment tribunal had jurisdiction to hear a doctor’s discrimination claims against the General Medical Council (GMC). Adam Ohringer, of Cloisters, explains how the question arose and how it was answered.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial