- Exploring the effect of foreign law on proceedings in England and Wales (Ministry of Defence v Iraqi Civilians  UKSC 25,  All ER (D) 88 (May))
- Original news
- What is the background to the case?
- What issues did the case raise?
- What did the Supreme Court decide?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area? What guidance does it provide?
- Are there any grey areas for which lawyers will need to watch out?
- What are the implications for lawyers?
Public Law analysis: How should courts hearing a case where the law of a foreign country has to be taken into account apply the other country’s rules on limitation? Jeremy Chipperfield, barrister at Goldsmith Chambers, examines the Supreme Court’s approach in Ministry of Defence v Iraqi Civilians.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial