- Exploring options over contact applications from transgender parents (Re M (Children)
- Original news
- What was the background, and what were the key issues at appeal?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide, and to what extent does the judgment clarify the law in this area?
- What are the practical and/or wider implications of the judgment? Why is the case significant?
- EqA 2010
- Article 14 ECHR
- Article 9 ECHR
- What are the main takeaway points for practitioners?
- How does it fit in with other developments in this area of the law? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Family analysis: How should the court manage the impact of discriminatory behaviour on a child when evaluating welfare? Lyndsay Sambrooks-Wright, a barrister at 2 Dr Johnson’s Buildings, discusses the Court of Appeal’s decision in Re M (Children).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial