- Exploring HMRC’s response to their consultation on tax abuse and insolvency
- Original news
- What is the consultation about?
- What was the government's preferred approach to tackling the abuse?
- What consequences do you think this will have for restructuring and insolvency professionals?
- How does this relate to other developments in this area of law?
- What are the likely timescales for implementation of the recommendations?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: As the government aims to tackle those who deliberately abuse the insolvency regime in trying to avoid or evade their tax liabilities, Frances Coulson, senior partner and head of insolvency and litigation at Moon Beever Solicitors, says HMRC’s approach follows an ‘increasing trend towards more draconian anti-abuse regimes’.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial