- Exploring FAC-1 and framework alliancing contracts
- What is framework alliancing?
- What is FAC-1?
- What is the background to FAC-1?
- What are the main features and key provisions of FAC-1?
- Which forms may be used for ‘project contracts’ under FAC-1?
- How does the call off procedure operate?
- What are the key benefits and risks associated with FAC-1?
Construction analysis: In early June 2016, the Association of Consultant Architects (ACA) published the first edition of the Framework Alliance Contract (FAC-1). John Hughes-D’Aeth, partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner, considers the new form and suggests that agreements based on FAC-1 will not offer anything radically different in reality from contracts already in use in the industry.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial