- Exercising discretion when granting a stay of proceedings
- Original news
- What was the background to this case?
- What did the court decide and why?
- What are the practical implications of this decision?
- What are the key issues to consider when seeking a stay pending criminal proceedings in another country?
- What will the court consider when determining whether the other side has gained access to privileged material?
- Any further thoughts?
Dispute Resolution analysis: In the case of Polonskiy v Alexander Dobrovinsky & Partners LLP the High Court considered a claim for damages relating to alleged misrepresentation, deceit and negligence. Leigh Crestohl, senior solicitor and Zoya Burbeza, solicitor at Zaiwalla & Co, explain the background to the case and the potential implications of the judgment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial