- Examining unfairness in pre-nuptial agreements cases (DB v PB)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area? How does it fit in with other developments?
- Are there still any grey areas that practitioners will need to watch out for? If so, how can they avoid any possible problems?
- What is the significance of this case for practitioners?
Family analysis: In a pre-nuptial agreements case, DB v PB, the Family Division was unable to achieve what it would consider a fair result on the wife’s application for ancillary relief. Peter Mitchell, barrister at 29 Bedford Row, explains why.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial