- Examining the State pension age periodic review
- Original news
- What is the purpose of the report?
- What parameters were used in the report?
- What were the conclusions of the report?
- What do the tables show about SPA changes?
- What are the implications of this?
- Is there any scope for variation in the report’s results?
- How has the government sought to address these challenges?
- How will the final decision on any changes to SPA timetables be made?
Pensions analysis: The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and the Government Actuary’s Department (GAD) have published a report on how state pension age (SPA) timetables might need to change beyond 2028, based on projections of life expectancy in future years. Maralyn Thomas, director at Castle Pension Trustees, examines the report in detail.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial