- Examining the proportionality test
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case for practitioners?
- How was the costs proportionality requirement applied?
- Does celebrity status equate to public interest?
- Is the test in Lownds still relevant?
Dispute Resolution analysis: James Laughland, barrister at Temple Garden Chambers, explores the practical implications of the decision in May v Wavell Group and scrutinises the impact of the proportionality test when assessing costs.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial