- Examining the legal definition of ‘in default’
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What was the issue before the Supreme Court?
- What were the main arguments on that issue?
- What did the Supreme Court decide was the meaning of ‘in default’ and why?
- What are the consequences of the decision?
- What should practitioners take from the judgment?
Local Government analysis: What type of default must a person have committed to lose entitlement to compensation for damage caused by a local authority exercising its statutory powers in respect of unsafe buildings? Steven Gasztowicz QC, barrister at Cornerstone Barristers, explores the Supreme Court’s approach in Hastings BC v Manolete Partners.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial