- Examining the inadequate maintenance of roads
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What were the material considerations for the court in applying HiA 1980 to the facts?
- How often are such challenges made and how do highway authorities generally deal with them?
- Are we likely to see more attempts to suggest that the highway authority has breached its duty to maintain?
Local Government analysis: Nicholas Hancox, director of Nicholas Hancox Solicitors Ltd, examines King Lifting Ltd v Oxfordshire County Council and explains why this case follows rather standard practice when claimants attempt to challenge highway authorities.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial