- Examining proceedings under the Solicitors Act 1974 (Rahimian v Allan Janes LLP)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues did the case raise and why are they significant?
- What does the case mean for lawyers and their clients? What should they do next?
- How does this fit in with other developments in this area? Do you have any predictions for future developments?
Dispute Resolution analysis: Rahimian & Anor v Allan Janes LLP addresses the circumstances in which courts can order a firm of solicitors to deliver a final bill under section 68 of the Solicitors Act 1974 (SA 1974), which the client can then apply to have assessed under SA 1974, s 70. Colin Campbell, consultant at Kain Knight Costs Lawyers, discusses the key issues in the case.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial