- Examining declarations of beneficial interest, equity of exoneration and subrogation (Insol Funding Company Ltd v Cowlam)
- Original news
- What is the significance of this case? Why is it important for practitioners?
- How helpful is this judgment in clarifying the law in this area? Are there any remaining grey areas?
- What are the practical implications of the judgment? What should practitioners be mindful of when advising in this area?
- How does this case fit in with other developments in this area of the law? Do you have any predictions for future developments in this area?
Property Disputes analysis: Caley Wright, barrister at Maitland Chambers, examines the practical significance of the judgment in Insol Funding Company Ltd v Cowlam which concerns division of beneficial interests, equity of exoneration and equitable subrogation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial