- Examining complications around the ‘available amount’
- Original news
- What was the background to the appeal?
- What issues did this case raise?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- What did the Court of Appeal decide, and why?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law on how to determine the recoverable amount in confiscation proceedings?
- Are there any unresolved issues lawyers will need to watch out for in this area? If so, how can these be avoided?
- How does this case fit in with other case law developments in this area?
Corporate Crime analysis: Mark Trafford QC, barrister at 23 Essex Street, explores R v Brooks and suggests the decision emphasises the importance of analysing the evidence at every stage.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial