- Examining blockchain in smart contracts
- What is blockchain?
- How is it applied in smart contracts? Is there a definite definition for a smart contract?
- What are the main characteristics of smart contracts that make them attractive compared to traditional contracts?
- What are the current legal challenges in employing smart contracts by organisations?
- What are the implications of smart contracts for B2B contracts and B2C contracts?
- In which areas are smart contracts being used widely? Are there any lessons the UK legal market can learn from the approach to smart contracts in other jurisdictions?
IP & IT analysis: Smart contracts, an application of blockchain, are a new technology disrupting the legal industry. Richard Kemp, senior partner at Kemp IT Law, provides some insight into the technology and explains the challenges it faces in becoming a legal tool for daily use.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial