- European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018―speed read
- What are the notable provisions of EU(W)A 2018 as it now stands?
- What were the key areas of debate as the Bill made its way through both houses, and how were these resolved?
- What legislation does EU(W)A 2018 amend?
- What are the most unfamiliar new features of EU(W)A 2018 which lawyers will need to be familiar with?
- What are the key timescales and provisions in terms of commencement, savings and transitional provisions?
- How might the Withdrawal Agreement and Implementation Bill or other Brexit legislation such as the Scottish Continuity Bill affect the operation of EU(W)A 2018?
Public Law analysis: In the first of a series of articles to mark the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (EU(W)A 2018) completing its passage through Parliament, Simon James, partner at Clifford Chance, provides a brief introduction to this important Brexit legislation.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial