- European Banking Authority welcomes its relocation to Paris
- Original news
- What is the background to the relocation of the EBA and what was the decision-making process applied?
- Which locations were in the running and which one did the EU27 vote for? Was this expected?
- What was the Commission’s assessment of the chosen location? What were the key criteria?
- What is the EBA’s stance? How is it preparing for relocation?
- Have the EBA’s activities been affected by the uncertainty? How will its activities be affected going forward?
- When will the necessary legislative proposals be prepared and adopted?
- What are the next steps/possible timescales for relocation?
- What are the practical implications going forward?
Public Law analysis: Tony Watts, a consultant solicitor at Keystone Law, says the biggest questions for UK lawyers may concern what will be the impact and role of the European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs)—including the European Banking Authority (EBA)—and EU financial services regulation generally in the aftermath of Brexit.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial