- Establishing the extent of the UK court’s jurisdiction (AMT Futures Ltd v Marzillier and others)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the Supreme Court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide and why?
- Does the decision lend clarity to this area of law? Are there any remaining unresolved issues or grey areas for which practitioners need to watch out?
Banking & Finance analysis: The Supreme Court’s ruling in AMT Futures v Marzillier that the English courts lacked jurisdiction to hear a claim brought against a German firm of solicitors for the tort of inducing a breach of contract is examined by Pierre Janusz, barrister, of 3 Hare Court.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial