- Establishing common guidelines for the FX market—the FX Global Code
- Original news
- What is the background to the FX Global Code?
- Who will it affect?
- How does the FX Global Code deal with information exchange?
- How does the FX Global Code restrict the discretion afforded to firms in executing client orders as principal?
- How and when will the FX Global Code be implemented? How will UK regulators be involved?
- How should firms respond to the FX Global Code?
Financial Services analysis: In an effort to encourage and promote best behaviour on the part of market participants, the Bank for International Settlements has published the first global code of conduct standards and principles in the foreign exchange (FX) market. Oran Gelb, partner at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, examines the background to the FX Global Code, who it will affect, and how firms should respond.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial