- Errors in major public procurement projects—learning lessons from the legal fallout (NDA v EnergySolutions EU Ltd)
- Original news
- What is the background to the Magnox decommissioning contract and related public procurement challenge?
- What do you think led to the decision to terminate the Magnox contract and withdraw its appeal in the related legal challenge after it was heard by the Supreme Court?
- What were the key grounds raised in the legal challenges which have now been settled?
- What are the terms of the independent inquiry into the Magnox procurement and when will it report?
- What can contracting authorities learn in the meantime?
Public Law analysis: An independent inquiry has been launched into the flawed public procurement procedure concerning a major public contract for the decommissioning of nuclear facilities. The government terminated the Magnox contract and settled related litigation with claimants EnergySolutions and Bechtel. Richard Hanstock, barrister at Cornerstone Barristers, analyses the background to the dispute and looks at the terms of the independent inquiry.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial