- Equalisation, novation and limitation periods in pension schemes—further clarity?
- Original news
- In this judgment, what particular issues were considered in the High Court action brought by the trustees of the Sea Containers 1983 Pension Scheme?
- What conclusions did the High Court reach on each of the issues before it?
- Did the High Court’s reasoning raise any interesting points? Do the decisions have wider implications?
- What effect, if any, will the findings in this case have on how schemes may approach claims in similar circumstances in the future?
Pensions analysis: Do we have further clarity on when a negligence claim against advisers to a pension scheme is time barred? Anne-Marie Winton, partner at ARC Pensions Law, comments on a recent ruling and its implications for trustees.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial