- English Use Classes Order significantly overhauled
- A and D use classes revoked and replaced with three new use classes
- Revocation of use classes A and D
- New use class E
- New use class F.1
- New use class F.2
- B use classes modified
- New sui generis uses
- Transitional provisions
- Transitional provisions for current uses
- Transitional provisions for planning applications submitted before 1 September 2020
- Transitional provisions for permitted development rights
- What is our verdict?
Planning analysis: The government has legislated to make a number of radical amendments to the use classes regime in England. Coming into force on 1 September 2020, the changes revoke use classes A and D, replacing them with recast, wider use class E, F.1 and F.2, while recasting elements of the old use classes as sui generis uses.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial