- English High Court considers nuances of AA 1996, s 9 appeals (Autoridad del Canal de Panamá v Sacyr & Ors)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this judgment?
- What did the court decide?
- The application for permission to appeal the AA 1996, s 9 decision
- The application for a stay of proceedings pending appeal against the AA 1996, s 9 decision or pending application to the Court of Appeal for permission to appeal
- The applications on costs
- Case details
Arbitration analysis: In contested proceedings over advance payment guarantees (APGs), Mr Justice Blair in the Commercial Court has delivered a consequential judgment on: an application for permission to appeal the court’s previous decision to dismiss an application for a stay of proceedings pursuant to section 9 of the Arbitration Act 1996 (AA 1996); an application for a stay of the substantive proceedings pending appeals against the court’s decision on the AA 1996, s 9 stay or pending an application to the Court of Appeal for permission to appeal if necessary; and, costs. The applications concerning the appeal were dismissed, and the costs applications were determined in the claimant’s favour.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial