- Enforceability of post-termination restrictive covenants within the agricultural industry
- Original news
- What is the factual background to this claim?
- What were the main issues?
- What were the conclusions of the High Court?
- Valuable consideration
- Legitimate interest requiring protection
- Scope of covenants
- What lessons can be taken from this judgment about the enforceability of a restrictive covenant? What does this case say about the relevance of the parties' future intentions as at the time they signed the contract?
- How does this case differ from the similar case of Bartholomew?
- What should lawyers be advising their clients following this judgment?
Employment analysis: The recent case of Pickwell v Pro Cam considered the enforceability of post-termination of employment restrictive covenants within the agricultural industry. Heather Platt, barrister and mediator at Pump Court Chambers, explains the background to the case and the implications of the judgment.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial