- Enforceability of a post termination restrictive covenant
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What were the key issues before the court?
- How did the court address the arguments put forward?
- What are the practical implications of this decision?
- What should lawyers take from this case?
Employment analysis: Heather Platt, head of the employment team at Pump Court Chambers, examines the case of Bartholomews Agri Food Ltd v Thornton which highlights the need to carefully draft restrictive covenants in employment contracts and, more importantly, to define what it is that the business wants to protect.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial