- End of debate on corporate offence of ‘failure to stop economic crime’?
- Original news
- Why is a corporate criminal offence of failing to prevent economic crime being considered?
- What might the elements of the offence be?
- What practical difficulties could there be in prosecuting and defending this offence?
- Do you think legislation will be passed creating this offence and if so, when?
Corporate Crime analysis: The Solicitor General has again emphasised his desire to see corporate criminal liability extended to include failure to prevent economic crime. However, with long-standing arguments against, and little political appetite to further increase the administrative burden on businesses, Neil Swift, partner in the business crime department at Peters and Peters, questions how likely it is to ever reach the statute books.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial