- Empowering the in–house legal team—an interview with Maaike de Bie
- Tell us a little bit about your background
- Tell is about your current team at Royal Mail
- When you first joined, how did you get under the bonnet of the team to understand the role they played in the business?
- Was there any push-back from the business? And how did you manage that?
- What skills does an in-house lawyer need to succeed?
- What lessons have you learnt that you would pass on to your younger self?
In-house analysis: When Maaike de Bie joined Royal Mail as Group General Counsel (GC), many people in the business didn’t understand what the legal team was there for. How can you transform a team from an overworked, undervalued advisory function into an invaluable contributor to the business? We talk to Maaike de Bie about how she empowered the legal team and shaped its role as a strategic business partner, resulting in it winning Legal Department of the Year (Commerce and Industry) at the British Legal Awards 2017.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial