- Employment tribunal quarterly statistics for the period April to June 2020
- What is the relevant background?
- What do the tribunal statistics for April to June 2020 show?
- Employment tribunal claims in the period April to June 2020
- Employment tribunal fee refunds
- Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeal Tribunal Tables 2019 to 2020
Employment analysis: Statistics published by the Ministry of Justice show that in the period from April to June 2020: 10,318 single claims were received (up 18% on the same quarter in 2019 and only slightly down from last quarter’s revised figure of 10,436); the most common jurisdictional complaints received in this quarter were unfair dismissal, unauthorised deductions and breach of contract; and the total caseload outstanding for employment tribunals at the end of June 2020 had increased to 37,156, the highest figure for single claims since at least 2009 (and up by 31% from 28,336 for the same quarter in 2019).
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial