- Employment status in limited company legal providers (Dugdale v DDE Law Ltd)
- Original news
- What were the background facts and key issues?
- What were the key findings of fact? How did the employment judge resolve the question of whether or not the claimant was an employee during the time that she was a director and shareholder?
- Did the EAT agree or disagree with the employment judge’s approach to the issue of employment status?
- How does this judgment sit alongside other recent decisions on employment status?
- What lessons can practitioners learn from this case?
Employment analysis: Stephen Pinder, partner and head of Employment at EAD Solicitors, examines Dugdale v DDE Law Ltd and suggests that practitioners can only ensure work status and rights using proper documentation with no ambiguity.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial