- Employer liability and personal data (Various Claimants v Wm Morrisons Supermarket)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- What are the implications of this decision?
- What does the judgment say about the application of the seventh data protection principle under DPA 1998, Sch 1?
Employment analysis: Can an employer be liable for an employee deliberately leaking its personal data about other employees? Steven Hadwin, Ffion Flockhart, Jonathan Ball and Marcus Evans of Norton Rose Fulbright LLP consider the High Court’s answer in Various Claimants v Wm Morrisons.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial