- Emphasising the literal interpretation of contracts
- Original news
- What is the background to this case?
- What were the issues before the Court of Appeal?
- What are the practical implications of this decision and does it indicate any trends?
- Are there any unresolved issues in this area of law?
Commercial analysis: Why does Globe v TRW mark an advance towards the literal approach to contractual interpretation? Emily Saunderson, barrister at 2 Temple Garden Chambers, examines the case and suggests the Court of Appeal’s decision follows similar conclusions reached in recent Supreme Court decisions.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial