- Emissions testing—keeping it clean
- Original news
- What is the background leading up to introduction of the new emissions tests?
- Why do car emissions matter?
- What are the regulated standards?
- How are car emissions tested?
- Is the system working?
- What is the RDE test?
- What is the conformity factor in the RDE test procedure?
- What about CO2 emissions testing?
- Will the new system work?
- What are the Commission’s next steps?
Environment analysis: Following recent scandals in which car companies were found to be cheating regulated emissions tests and thousands of cars had to be recalled over their illegal polluting effects, the European Union has announced all new cars must pass stricter emissions tests from 1 September 2017. Gregory Jones QC, silk at Francis Taylor Building, analyses the likely effectiveness of the new EU car emissions test standards.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial