- Early redemption of convertible securities
- Original news
- Briefly, what was the background to the appeal?
- What were the legal issues that the judge had to decide in this appeal?
- Why did these issues arise?
- What were the main legal arguments put forward?
- What did the judge decide, and why?
- How did the court approach the construction of contractual mistakes?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from the case?
Banking & Finance analysis: How did the court approach the question of whether a capital disqualification event had occurred so as to allow the early redemption of convertible securities? Laura Davis, associate at DAC Beachcroft, says the court’s focus in BNY Mellon v LBG Capital was on bringing commercial sense to the contract.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial