- DWP responds to consultation on ‘Clarifying and strengthening trustees' investment duties’
- Original news
- What is the background to the government’s consultation response?
- What were the proposals consulted on?
- Have the proposals been adopted?
- What are the next steps?
- What are the implications of the adopted measures?
Pensions analysis: On 11 September 2018, the DWP published its response to the consultation ‘Clarifying and strengthening trustees' investment duties'. Among other things, the consultation proposed amending the content requirements of Statements of Investment Principles (SIP) to take account of financially material considerations (eg ESG factors) and stewardship, as well as requiring trustees of relevant schemes to publish their SIP and an implementation statement. The DWP intends to implement all proposed measures (subject to minor changes), save for the trustee requirement to produce a policy on taking account of members’ views, which is being replaced with an optional policy on non-financial factors.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial