- Draft UNCITRAL international mediation convention and CEPEJ mediation toolkit
- When will the new UNCITRAL draft convention become effective?
- What is the purpose of the convention?
- What is the CEPEJ mediation development toolkit?
- What relevance does the toolkit have for practitioners?
- What impact are these two developments likely to have on international commercial mediation, especially in the light of Brexit?
Dispute Resolution analysis: The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) has finalised a draft convention on international settlement agreements resulting from mediation, while the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ) established by the Council of Europe has adopted a toolkit to strengthen the implementation of its guidelines on mediation. Lucas Bento FCIArb FRSA, senior associate in the New York office of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP, considers these two developments.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial