- Domestic violence settlement applications and appeal rights (R (AT) v Secretary of State for the Home Department)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What issues arose for the court’s consideration?
- What did the court decide, and why?
- How does the decision fit in with other developments in this area of law?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area?
Immigration analysis: Should a foreign national spouse claiming domestic violence have a right of appeal against a refusal of leave to remain? Lucy Mair, of Garden Court North Chambers, explores the High Court’s answer in R (AT) v Secretary of State for the Home Department.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial