- Does service of a bankruptcy petition need the personal touch?
- Original news
- What was the background to the appeal briefly?
- What were the legal issues that the deputy judge had to decide in this appeal?
- What did the deputy judge decide, and why?
- The first issue
- The second issue
- The third issue
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying the law in this area?
- What practical lessons can those advising take away from this case?
Restructuring & Insolvency analysis: What are the requirements as to service of a bankruptcy petition? Does the petition have to physically touch the debtor to constitute personal service? Steven Thompson QC, a barrister at XXIV Old Buildings, who represented the respondent, reviews the decision in the Morby v Gate Gourmet appeal.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial