- Do online advertisements infringe trade mark rights?
- Original news
- Very briefly, what was the background to this case?
- What did the CJEU decide?
- Is unauthorised trade mark use following unsuccessful attempts to remove advertisements much of an issue in the UK?
- What can UK IP professionals take from this case, what should they advise their clients?
IP & IT analysis: In a recent case, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) discussed the issue of the publication of a trade mark on a website with respect to the violation of intellectual property law. James Sweeting, a senior associate with Lewis Silkin, specialising in trade mark disputes, comments on the decision, including what IP professionals can take from this case and what they should advise their clients.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial