- Diverging draft Brexit treaties on law enforcement and criminal justice
- What are the main proposals on law enforcement and criminal justice co-operation in the UK and EU draft treaties?
- What are the points of divergence between the UK and EU draft treaties?
- Is there any common ground between the UK and EU draft treaties?
- What is the solution, given the limited timeframe of the transition period?
Corporate Crime analysis: In the ongoing Brexit talks, both the European Commission and the UK government have now published their draft legal texts. While the European Commission (EC) has published a comprehensive draft agreement, the UK government has published a separate draft agreement on law enforcement and co-operation in criminal justice matters. After three rounds of negotiations, both sides appear far apart on crucial issues.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial