- Dispensing with consent in step-parent adoptions (AS v BT and others)
- Original news
- What issues did the case raise?
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- To what extent is the judgment helpful in clarifying in the law in this area?
- What are the implications for practitioners? What will they need to be mindful of when advising in this area? Do you have any best practice tips?
- Are there still any grey areas or unresolved issues practitioners will need to watch out for? If so, how can they avoid them?
Family analysis: When should an adoption by a step-parent be allowed when the non-resident biological parent does not consent to the application? Kevin Skinner, of Goodman Ray, considers the decision in AS v BT and others.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial