- Director's wrongful dismissal claim permitted in s 994 Petition (Wootliff v Rushton-Turner)
- Original news
- What are the practical implications of this case?
- How did the wrongful dismissal issue in a CA 2006, s 994 unfair prejudice petition arise?
- The possibility of inconsistent judgments
- Unfair prejudice petitions and the authorities
- How wide is the scope of relief for unfair prejudice (CA 2006, s 996)?
- Why did the Master conclude that the wrongful dismissal claim could be pursued in the CA 2006, s 994 petition?
- Case details
Dispute Resolution analysis: Mr Registrar Briggs has considered that the language of section 994 of the Companies Act 2006 (CA 2006) (the unfair prejudice petition regime) is ‘so wide it cannot be said...it shuts out relief for compensation for breach of a service agreement’ thus allowing a petitioner to pursue his relief for wrongful dismissal within his CA 2006, s 994 unfair prejudice petition.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial