- Directing the jury in media disclosure cases (R v France)
- Original news
- What was the background to the case?
- What was the main issue before the Court of Appeal?
- What did the court decide and why?
- Does the decision clarify the law in this area?
- What should practitioners take away from the judgment?
Corporate Crime analysis: Following the Court of Appeal's decision to quash the conviction of a journalist for encouraging a public official’s misconduct in public office, Jamas Hodival, barrister of 2 Bedford Row, analyses its decision in R v France and considers the importance of adequate jury directions in cases involving disclosure of information to the media.
Sign in or take a trial to read the full analysis.
To continue reading this news article, as well as thousands of others like it, sign in to LexisPSL or register for a free trial